During the first few days of school, both first semester and second semester, schedule changes will be allowed ONLY under the following circumstances as listed in the student handbook:
- If an error was made by the MHS staff in scheduling.
- If a course conflict is present on the schedule.
- If an improper course placement has been made.
- If a compelling educational reason is cited. (A conference must be completed with the parent and student)
- Within the first 3 days if a student elects to drop a course and enter study hall (if one is available) as long as the student is taking 4 academic classes and PE. (A conference must be completed with the parent and student)
- Students dropping a course after the designated 3 days will be issued an F for the quarter and semester and no credit for the course will be given. The grade of F will be calculated into the current and cumulative grade point average. (A conference must be completed with the parent and student)
- Course schedules of students enrolled in special education programs may be changed at any time in accordance with individual education plans.
- If a credit recovery course was taken over the summer and a failed course needs to be removed from the schedule due to passing recovery.
Please remember, if you waive PE for academic reasons, you must take a class in lieu of PE. If you are waiving for a sport, you must have PE on your schedule still, and you will receive a “study hall” during the time your sport is active. Once your sport ends, you will be required to go back into your PE.