1. BBC has a free online 22 episode series for beginner Spanish learners with practice exercises. Turn on Spanish subtitles to practice the reading. http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/mividaloca/
2. Free online 52 episode soap opera with practice exercises http://www.learner.org/series/destinos/index.html
3. Watch a TV series called "Extra." It is like the popular hit television series "Friends." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-dx6kd5f4E&list=PL327C20B1F33A49C6
4. Watch a 5 episode program called "Aventuras Vascas." http://youtu.be/yjMV4Dkm96Q?list=PL31B4B91248A6F9DC
5. Watch a 10 episode program called "¿Eres tú, María?" and solve the mystery. Note you may have to search YouTube for the 10th and final episode: https://vimeo.com/search?q=eres%20tu%20mar%C3%ADa
6. Watch the 14 episode program called "La Catrina." Here are the first 8 episodes (you can search the rest on YouTube). https://youtu.be/jpbq1TM0Z7U?list=PLg5ew-Zizklz4-fMnP93HqTzIzR1IuGR-
7. Watch fairy tale puppet videos: http://legacy.gpb.org/salsa/term/episode
8. Watch highly comprehensible videos like the stories we tell in class!
· http://www.youtube.com/user/mrtejeda/videos?view=0 (9 of the 14 videos are in Spanish)
9. Watch "Muzzy," a program developed by BBC for kids. The product states: "Muzzy employs a natural immersion approach, surrounding learners with visual, aural and contextual language, modeled on the way we learned our first language." This link will bring you to levels 1 & 2 and each level contains 6 short videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBQUZRiuAIs&list=PLxu_ytRhFt6mMo3xKDqgaR958wLZ9dKe4&feature=share
10. Select from one of 300+ videos featuring native Spanish speakers from 15 Spanish speaking countries. http://www.spanishlistening.org/
11. Guess the word as native-speaking children from Spain give you clues. http://www.fundacionlengua.com/es/adivina/sec/181/
12. Listen and watch videos of native Spanish speakers respond to common proficiency tasks: https://www.laits.utexas.edu/spe/siteindex.php
13. Listen to easy songs in Spanish. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8JqpkCp61R7cp4CD0ZenLD5KYiQOsruu
14. Subtitled Spanish Picture Book Read-Alouds: https://youtu.be/3O8RUPDzUcI?list=PLCE1049BCC2C78B97
15. This site has some fantastic reading and listening resources. They even allow you to slow down the reading!
1. Read the stories created by other TPRS Spanish classes around the world.
2. Read jokes in Spanish: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6n9VA2R4h9IcEZWSmxRV04yLVU&usp=sharing
3. Re-read the stories we have created in our classes. (see google classroom website for your class)
4. Read graded novels from our classes or from this website.
5. Visit the following website to practice embedded readings, which we do in class, and involve 3 progressively harder versions of the same short story. Click on a Unit then scroll down to "Cuentos Escalados." http://www.charoylee.com/Charo_y_Lee/Resources.html
6. This page is full of Spanish embedded readings. http://embeddedreading.com/category/spanish-embedded-readings/
7. Read and listen to news stories from Scholastic. Each article is written and recorded at 3 different levels. http://es.maryglasgowplus.com/students/features